Friday, April 29, 2011

Honey do? Honey did.

Joe should be rolling in here momentarily from being away all week. He will leave again Monday at 4 am, lather, rinse, repeat until the end of July. So far we seem to be managing well, I am still feeding my children actual meals at dinner time (this may very well change when school gets out) and they are getting bathed with some regularity. I only mention this because I tend to "let things slide" a bit when I don't have anyone here to keep me accountable as a mother.

Today when I put Joey down for a nap I mowed the lawn (between the fertilizer we put down last week and 4 days of off/on rain it looked TERRIBLE and we were the last ones on the block with an unmowed lawn. Gasp!) and figured out how to use the gas powered weed wacker...that thing is AWESOME but next time I will use some ear protection. What? One of my neighbors stopped and said, "Letting Joe slide on his duties eh?" Uh no. Just trying to not be the asshole wife who has a laundry list of shit for him to do right as he gets out of his truck until he leaves Monday. "Glad you're home, please do this, this, this and that." As it is, we have a busy weekend ahead of us and I'd rather we all get to enjoy the great weather and time with friends/family as much as possible without a bunch of chores hanging over our head.

Also, I want him to be in a good mood when he has to take all three kids to Madeline's field hockey practice tomorrow. Keeping Anna from totally immersing herself in dirt and having to constantly corral Joey is a pain in the ass for an hour and a half. Have fun dear! I will be holed up in the testing center taking my final Anatomy/Physiology 2 test of the semester. Not sure which one I'd rather be doing...

No comments:

Post a Comment