Tuesday, April 26, 2011

I can't miss you unless you leave

For the next 3 months Joe will be working out of town, only returning home on the weekends. We have done this before although never for such a long period of time and not with 3 kids at home. A situation like this brings with it definite downsides, but there are a few unexpected perks as well.

Those of you who know Joe and I as a couple will understand that I don't really need to get into the reasons why this situation sucks. He is my best friend and I absolutely miss the daily laughter that he brings or the entertainment I bring to myself at his expense. As my mother says, "There's an ass for every seat" and he is definitely my ass. I would rather have him here than anywhere else, but that is not to be.

So, let's talk about why, if I HAVE to find a plus side to this situation, being without your mate for the majority of the week can be liveable.

1) Laundry. I dont know if it is actually the amount of clothing he goes through or just the size. XXL shirts, size 15 socks, and Joe-sized jeans take up a lot of room. My time spent washing/drying/folding/possibly putting away has easily been cut in 1/2.

2) Television viewing. No sports. No "I Survived". All the crap tv I want and I can watch from bed!

3) Sleeping position. Middle? Left? Right? Anywhere I please. I rule the king size and when the two girls sneak in at some point in the middle of the night, I don't even notice.

4) Bathroom maintenance. No need to elaborate.

That's about it. Again, just trying to make myself feel somewhat better about this crummy scene so why not look for the very small silver lining. And trust me, Joe definitely has his list of reasons why being a bachelor Monday through Thursday isn't so bad. It probably goes something like this...

1) Sara not making me be a constant part of The Sara Show. Seriously, don't ever marry the youngest child. Her level of attention seeking is legendary.

2) Watching all the sports and true crime shows I want.

3) Eating dinner at 5pm.

4) Oh, are the kids really being a handful tonight? Im sorry to hear that. Wish I could be there. BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

So there you have it. As an aside, he wont be off the hook forever. His job is in Virginia Beach. Guess where the kids and I are heading during the weekdays when they get out of school? Yayyyyy, let's all be a family in an extended stay hotel room!!! I'll bring the beer.

No comments:

Post a Comment